The recipe is really straight forward and you do get decent size cookies for not a lot of points (yes, I am still on my diet). The only thing is that you have to leave the dough to set for a couple of hours.
What you will need (to make 32) - 2 points per cookie
- 115g butter
- 200g caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 15ml fresh orange juice
- grated ring of 1 orange
- 175g plain flour
- 115g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp salk
- 1 tsp baking powder
How to make them?
1. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the yolks, orange juice and rind, and continue beating to blend. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, sift together the flours, salt and baking powder. Add to the butter mixture and stir until it forms a dough.
3. Wrap the dough in baking parchment and chill for 2 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 190 C. Grease three baking sheets.
5. Roll spoonfuls of the dough into balls and place 2.5-5cm apart on the prepared sheets.
6. Press down with a fork or the back of a spoon to flatten. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown. With a spatula, transfer to a rack to cool.