Surely it is time for a cup of tea :: Baking ::

Friday 23 January 2015


How ironic, I post about my word for this year: detox, and next I post a chocolate biscuits recipe. Why not? It is Friday, the week is nearly over, and time for a treat. If I am able to manage a hot cup of tea, then it is worth the many hours of sleep I am missing at night (ok maybe not, but it helps). 

AND because they are so cute (and a bit small), they are actually quite good for those of you who are WW points believer. Yes, I am totally back on the diet. 


The biscuits are based on an existing WW recipe - I just made them smaller so that I could coat them with milk chocolate - oh, the points balancing act! 

To make 26 biscuits (2 points per biscuit), you will need:

  • 110g of low fat spread
  • 50g of caster sugar
  • 120g of plain flour
  • 40g of rice flour
  • 100g of cooking milk chocolate (I like Green & Black's)

To make them:

1. Preheat the oven to 160 C
2. Beat the low fat spread in a bowl to soften
3. Add the sugar to the low fat spread and beat together. Sift the flours and mix to the dough with a wooden spoon.
4. Wrap the dough in clingfilm and chill for 10 minutes
5. Roll out the pastry (thickness 4mm) and use a cookie cuter you like. 
6. Bake for 40 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly before placing on a cooling rack. 
7. When totally cooled, dip into the melted chocolate (following this method). Leave to cool in the fridge. 

The doily pattern is here
You have to try this recipe - they are so so nice (try with some oolong tea - it is a great combo), and can be adapted to any theme (Valentine's day biscuits, anyone?). 

As per usual, I would love to know if you try the recipe, and let me know what you think. 

8 comments:

  1. ooh, those look light and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as biscuits go, these sound remarkably healthy, I must say! And anytime is a good time for a cup of tea as far as I'm concerned :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy looking biscuits here. Yes, the the heck not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cutest biscuits! Hope life with the new little one is going well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look and sound yummy. A small amount of chocolate is good for you, no?

    ReplyDelete
  6. sound lovely, and if they are good enough for ww then they should be oik for me at sw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must try. You have posted some lovely recipes!!

    ReplyDelete