Red and Grey :: Knitting ::

Saturday 14 March 2015


This month's le challenge theme was passion - so easy to interpret and then so hard when you have to get down and make something. I had something else in mind for this month - but could not work out the pattern in the end. So I knitted this little hat last night - Little Baby MiH was desperately needing a new hat (that fits his massive head), and therefore it is a win-win. A new hat and an entry for le challenge! 

I have had this red like passion yarn (oh yeah, weak interpretation but I was desperate!) in my stash. It is a Wendy merino chunky yarn. The grey yarn is leftover from my Nord



I am happy to post the pattern if anyone is interested. It was knitted in 6.5 mm - which might explained why it took me no time to knit it. And it is a baby hat, and that is so rewarding! I really need more of these cute easy projects in my life! 




What is your entry? Have you been inspired by passion? Here are all the other entries. Next month's theme will be posted tomorrow on Le Challenge, so stay tuned. 

11 comments:

  1. Adorable! Beautiful hat and the pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this hat I made my son a sweater in the same colours with red on the bottom and grey for the top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your pics are great, but that baby shot brought a big smile. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heart! That little face. Too adorable. Lovely knitting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, you could make me like red! I'm still hesitant towards it. I did have three pedicures of red polish before CNY. He is a darling. His expressions crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that hat is so adorable, especially on that sweet, perfect little cherub! I love the colourblocking, and your hat reminds me of how well grey plays with bright, bold colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a awesome baby picture! Such a beautiful baby! This month was really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable - both baby and hat! Love the red/grey colour combo xx.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Red and grey is such a graceful and pretty combination. Little Baby MIH is so adorable! Those eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SO cute and looks perfect on your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking good and lovely pic of your little one!

    ReplyDelete