Upcycling for my boys - Part 2 :: Sewing ::

Tuesday 16 June 2015

A bit later than expected, here is the second part of my Le Challenge project - and my first pair of trousers, ever. If you have read the first post here, you know that the fabric I used is upcylced from my own trousers. After the bloomer for Little Baby MiH (I should really have done these items the other way round), I had a bit of fabric left but I was not sure I had enough. Hence the funky pockets (Leah Duncan fabric used here). 


I was lucky my trousers had really massive hems which gave me extra fabric for the belt. I did not make the back pockets, because it was wasted fabric (and time) - and to be honest I am not sure Baby MiH cares that much about them. 

I used pattern 619 of Burdastyle for kids (the issue currently available). I think this issue is a pretty good investment, even for boys. There are some seriously cute patterns for girls in it too. I bought it for this raincoat pattern - hopefully it may not be too much of a challenge... 


I really wanted an easy pattern for trousers that I could use again and again so that I could whip one up during the weekend, so that Baby MiH did not have to wear too many trousers with holes. I think there are still a couple of alterations to make to this pattern - but it is quite a good base. I am just wondering which trousers of mine (or Mr MiH) I could use next! 

Did you see the new theme for Le Challenge - DIRECTION. Will you be joining us next month? 

3 comments:

  1. Now thát is cute! My mom is a seamstrss too and when we were little she used to upcycle her own clothes for us too. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Now I´m waiting for the model with the chubby legs ;-)

    ReplyDelete