February Plans :: Sewing ::

Thursday 4 February 2016


Happy Thursday everyone! I hope you are all having a great week. This week I sat down, and decided that I will sew again. Now that my wardrobe has been reduced to 15 items, I am a bit desperate to be honest. Also my sewing machine has not seen the light of day for months now - poor her, she needs her vitamin D. There is nothing like planning to spark interest again - and get excited about new projects. I chose two for this month, hopefully they are easy enough and without too many pieces to ensure success. And now that my fabric stash has also undergone the Konmari method, I know my fabric options. 

The Arum Dress from Deer and Doe should be easy - it is a pattern meant for beginner, so I am really hoping this is true. I was thinking of making a dress for Valentine's Day dinner. Yes, we have plans - not last minute plans, but real plans, in a real restaurant, and this deserves a handmade dress! I am thinking denim - I have some from Offset Warehouse (unfortunately I cannot see it on the website anymore). That little (useless?) pocket has to go though. 

I fell in love with the Burda 7220 view B top - but to be fair view A is very much my style too. However now that I have the pattern, I have done some research on the pattern, and it is not exactly looking like what I had in mind. I will be making a proper muslin for this one. Ivy Arch called it part futuristic dentist's scrub and part intergalactic Lieutenant Commander's tunic. Hmmm... interesting...  not exactly my style then. So it might need adjustment - many reviews calls already to go one size down. As you can see a muslin is a must! I have fabric found here - it has a lovely darker sheen on the wrong side, it would look great. 

What are your sewing plans? How do you get your sewing mojo back? Do share! 


2 comments:

  1. 15? You're more committed than I am! Having gone through my clothes once I already think I need to go and do it again! I agree the pocket is fairly useless and I look forward to seeing how they turn out :) Intergalactic tunic sounds pretty cool to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww love them!! I'm rather fond of the little (useless) pocket! Haha (And the denim will be back up on the site soon ;)

    ReplyDelete